CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gerry's Birthday!

Today Gerry is four years old! We celebrated his birthday yesterday because Afa works this morning and I work tonight, I didn't work last night. Yesterday morning I made German pancakes for breakfast. Then Ariana and I went shopping so she could get something for Gerry. While we were out we decided to pick up pizza for lunch, I had told Gerry that he gets to have whatever he wanted to eat that day, but he couldn't decide. He was very excited about the pizza. By the time we were done eating it was about 3:00pm, Ariana was very excited to see what Gerry was getting and kept asking if he could open his presents, Gerry didn't ask once! I told Ariana that we had to wait for daddy to come home, so she called him to see if he was comming, or if we could just go ahead without him. I couldn't believe that she was so much more excited than Gerry. Afa wasn't able anwer his phone though, and by the time he called back he was off, so of course we waited for him. Gerry got a lot of games, Hungry Hungry Hippos (which they had both been asking for) Guess Who, Go Fish and Backyardigans Memory. He also got a couple of winter outfits, church shoes, sport shoes, a spider man back pack, lots of play doh with activity mats and a V-tech lap top. We all had a lot of fun playing games last night, and foud out that Afa is very good at Hungy Hungry Hippos, though I did beat him once! We didn't have any games before that we could all play together, so this was a lot of fun. We just need to teach Gerry to stop picking up Hippo marbles with his hands, and Ariana to be a good sport when she loses. The first game of Hippos that she played she only got two marbles, so she cried! After that Gerry kept saying, "It's not about winning, it's just to have fun!" as he's using his hands to get more marbles!! I'll post more pictures of them soon, I just wanted to let you all know about his birthday.
Side note: This has nothing to do with the post but I just realized something yesterday. As I was holding Anela and loving how cuddly and small she is I realized that when Ariana was this age I was pregnant with Gerry! I didn't know it for a few more weeks of course, but just remembering that I thought that I would go crazy if I were pregnant again now!!

2 comments:

Kirah and Jeremy said...

You will have to tell Gerry Happy birthday for me! I feel bad, yesterday I didn't call my grandma and today I didn't call Gerry. Geez....with this new job it takes up my whole day and I'm so tired by the time I get home. But let him know I thought about him and I will bring his present the next time I come over!! Love Aunt Kirah xoxo

Lauren and the kidlets said...

Hope he had a great day! and don't jinx yourself! haha!!! though it would be awesome if you were!