CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight!

Girls Night Out!

Yesterday my friend Kirah and I drove down to Provo to our friend Lauren's house. The three of us met in 7th grade when we were 12 years old, and still try to get together as often as possible. Lauren and her sister-in-law had gone on line and got a bunch of tickets to the November 20th midnight premier of Twilight, and she had invited us to go with her and a bunch of other friends. We went out to her house and hung out for a few hours while we waited for some of the others, then we all went out to dinner at Olive Garden. After dinner we went to the theater at Thanks Giving point to wait for the movie to start. The movie was very good, but not surprisingly it was very different from the book. They had to cut a lot out for time, and to my surprise they actually added in a few things that were not in the book. I know that sometimes they do that when converting a book to a movie because they have to take a lot out, so they add something in so it all still flows and makes sence. But there were a few things in there that just seemed completely random that didn't really need to be there. It didn't make the movie bad, just even more different from the book, and if they didn't add those things in, they wouldn't have had to take as much out. Over all I did enjoy the movie and I will see it again, but if I had not read the book I don't think I would have liked it. Of course like most book to movies, I like to book a lot better, but it is always fun to see the chatacters come to life. I will defenately be there to see the next three movies.
I had a lot of fun last night, not just because I was so excited to see the movie that I had been waiting so long for (I started the books over a year ago and have read them all several times) but also because it has been such a long time since I actally went out without the kids. I love my kids and have a lot of fun with them at home and taking them out, but it is so nice to have a whole night were I don't have to be a mommy or a wife, I was just one of the girls.

Sleeping In

The movie didn't start till midnight and was two hours and quite a ways from home, so by the time I got home it was 3:00am. I of course went straight to bed, but had to get right back up at 5:30am to take Afa to work since his truck isn't working and I need my car to get to work later today. So when I got home from taking him to work at about 6:30am, I of course went right back to bed. Then Ariana and Gerry got up at about 7:30 or so ( I was too tired to really notice the exact time). Being the good kids they are they let me stay in bed. Of course it wasn't really good sleep then knowing they were up, but I just couldn't drag myself out of bed yet. They knew that I was very tired so they said that they would just watch cartoons until I got up. When I did finally get up at about 10:00 am, I found Gerry cleaning the kitchen, of course it was a 4 year old's defenition of cleaning. He had gotten up to the sink and used the hose to spray A TON of water all over the floor, and was in the process of moping when I came in. He wanted to finish for me, but since he doesn't know how to rinse the water out of the mop, I told him thanks, but I would go ahaid and finish. So I spent about half an hour moping up the swimming pool that had been my kitchen. At least the floor is clean, but I have learned my leason not to try to sleep in when my 4 and 5 year olds are up! Usually they just try to make me breakfast and I get up to a ketchup and hunny butter sandwich, but I just stayed in bed way too long today! At least they are trying to be nice and help, I'm sure it could have been a lot worse.

1 comments:

Kellen, Kathy said...

My kid is bigger than your kids.