CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sick Kids and Independence Day

Not a whole lot going on here. The kids were all sick from about the middle of last week and through the weekend. They seemed to be getting better, but I think the cold, wind and smoke from fireworks aggravated the situation a bit. Ariana did her usual thing and slept till she was better, but Gerry and Anela are still coughing a lot. Anela is having a hard time sleeping because of the coughing. She fell asleep just now, since she was up most of the night, hopefully her body can heal itself now.
For the 4th we went out to Genasee and Rich's house in Tooele. Gen made hot dogs on the bbq and mac and cheese. She also had a huge bowtie salad that was really good, but we didn't end up eating much of that. We went on a walk to the park (Anela stopped on the way to throw up, then just kept walking like nothing happened) (Gerry walked right into a drop off box as we passed the library, and Genasee laughed her head off at him) the kids had a lot of fun playing with some of the other kids who were there. Then we left when Anela fell down at the end of the slide and just laid there on the ground. She had been going down the slide continuously the whole time we were there, but I could tell that she was getting too tired. When we got back to Gen's we had pie that she made special for Ariana, because Ariana loves pie. By then it was getting dark so we went out for the fireworks. We started with the sparklers, then the fountains, then we moved across the street to join their neighbors and took the big ones that Gen and Rich got. It was cold and kind of windy, and after we went across the street the kids were running around with the other kids, which I didn't like because it was so dark that it was hard to keep track of them. So it wasn't quite as fun as I thought it would be, but I was glad that we got to go out there, because we don't go very often. It was nice to get to spend time with my sister anyway.
I took my camera out there, but I didn't end up taking any pictures. Sorry.
Afa is working out of town again this week. I guess the kids and I are just going to be staying in all week till they are all better. I hate having sick kids! Last night while Anela was trying to sleep and couldn't, she was kind of moaning and rolling around. I just wish that there was something to make her feel better!!!

0 comments: