CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

St. George and Halloween

We just got home yesterday from St. George after staying there for 12 days. It was great to get away for a while while the kids are off track, but it is nice to be back now, and will be really nice when the kids go back to school next week! I am sure that mom and Bill are glad to have their house back too!
We had a good time in St. George, except that Anela had a major terrible two attack. She wasn't feeling well pretty much the whole time we were there, and she made sure that everyone knew how she felt! I got a couple pictures of her mean face that she makes. She crosses her eyes when she's really mad, I got one of that in Kirah's camera, I will have to get it from her and post it later.
We were there over Halloween, which was fun. My mom made Gerry's Harry Potter costume, I really like how it turned out. The kids had a lot of fun, but I was disappointed. It seems that if you want to do the traditional trick or treating from door to door, you are now in the minority, and hardly anyone is home. We do trunk or treat here with the ward, so I was excited to do the door to door down there, but it was kind of a bomb. Probably about 75% of the houses near my mom's were empty when we went out. The kids didn't seem to mind though, so I guess it was OK.
Aneal was very emotional while we were there, and would cry anytime anyone said "no" to her. My mom told her that if she acts like that she would have to go the the back room till she could be quite and play nice. One time when she was in the back, my mom when to get her and see if she was ready to come out. She was mad at my mom so she wouldn't come out of the room, so my mom just left the door open and left. Later we went to see what she was doing since she still hadn't come out, and she was asleep in the closet. I thought it was kinda funny, so I took a picture of her. The next day she got upset again and was about to cry, so she just ran off to the back room by herself!

A couple of examples of her mean face (with Ariana's sweet face in the back!)



Cute little back cat out trick or treating. She put her bag around her neck because it was easier for her to hold (even though it didn't get very heavy!)







At the mall trick or treating earlier in the day on Saturday.
I wish that I had gotten a picture of Anela at the store where the guy giving out candy was dressed as a gorilla. He was crouched down on the floor, and when Anela got to him and he reached over to put the candy in her bag, she jumped back. As we were walking away she kept looking over her shoulder giving him her mean look.


Ready to go!

Not so ready to go!!


Cute Disney fairy (love the Halloween socks!)


Harry Potter. Yes I am dumb and for got to give him the scar! It's OK though, he said that he wanted to be a wizard, and I was the one who said that he would be Harry Potter.


Before trick or treating on Saturday we went to watch Grandpa Bill do some roping with his buddys. When they took a little break he gave Ariana and Gerry rides on my mom's horse Jazzy.
Doesn't Ariana look thrilled to be on a horse?





Gerry did a lot better, he wanted to go faster, and loved it when they got up to a trot.
Of course while we were there we had to go to the burger place. I think the kids love it as much as I do. They kept asking to go there. We went twice while we were there. I got the turkey guacamole BLT, it is SOOO good!!
















0 comments: