CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Just a little update

I just wanted to do a quick little post since I get annoyed at others for not posting when I want to see what's going on with them. Since the whole reason for this is to keep in touch with people we don't get to see much, here is what's going on in our part of the map.

I am going crazy!!

I have had problems with anxiety and depression most of my life, though I didn't realize exactly what it was til after Gerry was born. The doctor gave me some medication at that time, but I really didn't like it, so I have been working on controlling it without medication. Most of the time I do pretty good, but of course there are good days and bad days (or weeks). Lately I have been having major flare ups of both. I have been having a hard time with my car, it seems like everything is wrong with it. I had to get it registered in October, but it took til mid November to actually get it done, because so much needed to be fixed on it. Luckily Kirah's husband Jeremy did a lot of the work for me. I am so grateful for what he did for me. He spent 3 days of a 4 day weekend working on my car! After it was road worthy and registered, it decided that it just didn't want to start anymore! The battery kept dying for no apparent reason. I would drive it to the store, and when I got back to it, it would be dead. And no, I wasn't leaving the lights on or anything else stupid. I took it to the mechanic and he said that he can't find anything wrong with it! So I just have to drive it around and hope that it starts when I need it!
There has been a lot of sickness going around, and we have gotten most of them, so there hasn't been much time that there isn't at least one of us sick with something. The latest affliction is a stomach flu, so I have been spending a lot of time cleaning clothes, blankets, rugs and the floor of throw up from kids who don't get to the toilet fast enough. (or in one case throwing up on the rug while sitting on the toilet!)
I feel stressed out because I have been going through all of this feeling pretty much like a single mother. Afa is working a lot which is great, but he has not worked in town since September. He has only been home about 24 hours out of every week, and half of that is while I am at work! I am grateful for his job, because it pays the bills so that I don't have to work much, or worry about who is taking care of my kids, but it is hard to have him away so much.
OK, I better get back to my job, of getting the kids to sleep and cleaning the house.
Hopefully I will have something better worth posting about soon.

1 comments:

Jane Ann Ellsworth said...

That doesn't sound too fun. Hope all of you are feeling better soon.