CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday Girl

On the morning of Ariana's birthday we let her open presents from us, and the one from my mom before we got ready for her party. She got some clothes and new pjs (that I bought on sale in February!) She got a lot of books. We have been buying books at DI, since most of the children's books are 50cents, and 50 cent books are 3 for a dollar. I got her 9 Barbie books for $3! She also got some other books that I just thought looked cute to read, also Peter Pan because she loved the Disney version so I thought it would be fun to read, and The Secret Garden because I loved that when I was little. I also got her a few "homework books" she loves the little work books, and I found 2 different ones about the U.S. that I knew that she would love because they have maps of the country, and of all the states, and she loves maps. She didn't have any Barbies but has wanted them for a while, I found a Barbie suitcase at DI that was full of Barbies and clothes, she LOVES it! I have wanted to find a nice kitchen set for her for a long time but have not found a nice one that I would afford. My favorite one that I have ever found was in a catalog, it was pink wood, and in 2 separate pieces, it was $99 for each piece! Well I found one almost identical to that one at DI for $8 a piece! It's used of course, but in pretty good shape. I got a some cups and bowls, mixing spoons, whisks, and hot pads at the dollar store to go with it for now. She really loves that too, that is another thing she has been wanting for a long time.
My mom was not able to come for her birthday, but she knew what she wanted to get for Ariana so she just gave me the money to get it here so that Ariana could have it on her birthday. It is a really nice Disney art kit. It has a projector with over 80 images of princesses and fairies to trace and color. It came with paints, markers, glitter glue and magnets to hang the pictures on the fridge.
Art projector set
tons of books

Kitchen set

Playing with the Barbies






1 comments:

GeerlingsClan said...

Happy Birthday Arianna! Looks like she scored big! Awesome deal you got on the kitchen! Hope all is well.