CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

First couple weeks of school

I know that I said that I would get pictures up of Ariana's first week first, then of Gerry's, but I just slack when it comes to keeping up on posts! Ariana has been in first grade for 3 weeks now, and Gerry has been in kindergarten for 2! Wow, I can't believe how bad I have been slacking! Not much has gone on in school, mostly still just getting to know the school and routine. They haven't even gotten homework, except for that they are supposed to read every day. They both love their classes, there teachers and the school in general.
Ariana loves that she gets to stay for a full day now, and gets to have lunch at school. They have both made quite a few friends, I was surprised that Ariana has actually made a several friends who are in different classes too. She was worried that she wouldn't have friends since it's a new school, but she is such a friendly girl, she makes friends where ever she goes!
Gerry is doing really well in school, he has had so much fun! He is learning a lot already, and just having a ton of fun with all the work and his new friends. His class does show and tell every Friday, but they get assignments for it. The first week they had a theme of 'gingerbread man' the whole week. So for show and tell, the teacher sent home a full page outline of a gingerbread man that he had to decorate and bring back on Friday. This week, the show and tell assignment was that he had to bring something that starts with the same letter as his name. I asked him what he wants to take, and he immediately said "Genasee!" We have pointed out to him several times that not only does her name start with the same letter as his, but that it is a 'G' that says the 'J' sound. I thought that it was cute that he wanted to take her, but thought that a picture of her would probably be better. Genasee came over yesterday morning and brought us some cheese cakes and cup cakes for Ariana's birthday party (which is today) and she brought some pictures of her and her husband Rich playing with a baby lynx and some baby tigers. So he took the pictures to show and tell, he thought that was really cool.
Anela really wants to go to school with them, but has been really good about not getting mad that she can't go, and she hasn't been really clingy to me when they are gone. When Ariana went to preschool, Gerry was so clingy to me for months! And when she went to kindergarten he was upset that he didn't get to go too. So I am glad that I don't have to go through that with Anela. She just asks a few times a day where they are, but has gotten to were she doesn't ask as often, and when she does she answers the question herself.

Gerry posing in his new Buzz Light year shirt, new pats and new shoes
Another shirt from Toy Story 3 (they were on a good sale, what can I say)

Ariana showing off her new school clothes





She loves her Barbie lunch box!




Her very first day of first grade. She hated getting up early the first 2 weeks,
but this week she has been getting up before me. You can't really tell in this
picture, but she wore the same outfit to her first day of first grade that she
wore to her last day of kindergarten.

That's it for now. Today is Ariana' s 7th birthday. She is having her first 'friend party' this year, and is very excited. I am a bit nervous, we have always just spent her birthday with our extended family, now I have to entertain a bunch of kids. We will see how that goes! I will post in a couple of days to let you know if I survived, and pictures of the event.





0 comments: