CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pajama Day

I got all the kids pjs to give to them on Christmas Eve, which for us this year will be Thursday since I work all day Saturday. Last night I decided that I would give Ariana and Gerry theirs a couple of days early, because they have pajama day today at school, and I thought that it would be fun for them to wear their new jammies. They both really like their new pjs. As you can see, Gerry's have lots of spots balls, and Ariana's have princesses and crowns. They still have new slippers that they will get on Thursday, and Anela will get her jammies and slippers then. We will be doing our main Christmas present opening on Friday morning, and then we will go to my dad's house around noon or 1, and spend time with him and Debbie, and my sister Genasee and her husband Rich.
I work all day Saturday, which I am actually glad about. I could have easily gotten the day off, but then I would have had to pick up hours some other day so that I don't go under hours. I figure that if I have to get the hours sometime, I might as well get them on a day that I will be getting time and a half pay the whole day! I don't really care about doing everything on the exact day, as long as we get to spend time together and have our holiday fun, and the kids
certainly are not complaining about getting Christmas a day early! I will also be working on New Years day, which is another paid holiday. I was very happy when I worked out this trade with my friend so that I would only work Saturdays. (I am at work for 15 hours, but only 13 hours are paid, but at least I get to stay home with the kids all week.) I was extra happy when I found out that both Christmas and New Years are on Saturdays, 2 days at over $20 in 2 weeks! It will help us save up for Afa's slow time. I am actually surprised that he is working all this week, and they don't look like they are slowing down yet, but you never know with his job. There have been times where he will go from working over time to no work at all from one week to the next. Usually January is his slowest time of year, but we'll see...........



1 comments:

Kirah and Jeremy said...

Oh fun! I love Christmas jammies!!! that is a tradition I will definately be keeping