CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Poo Poo in the Potay!!

Yesterday I noticed that Anela went off by herself to poo, so I hurried and ran her to the bathroom before she did it. She sat on the potty for a couple of minutes and then said she was done. She hadn't done anything so I asked her to stay on the potty for a bit, but she didn't want to. I took her to the family room with her little potty and told her to sit on it. She did, and a few minutes later she had pooped in it! So we made a big deal about it and I let her take the bowl out and dump the poop in the potty and flush it.
This morning I took her clothes off and put her potty out so that she could use it if she needed to. She sat on it several times, but didn't do anything. Later, I decided that we would go to the store with Kirah, so I told Anela that if she wanted to see Kirah and Kimberly she had to go pee pee before we left. A couple of minutes later she said that she had gone. She brought the bowl to me and asked if she could dump it. I looked and she had peed in it, but only a few drops. We made a big deal anyway, and I let her dump and flush again. Then I had to put a diaper on her to go out.
After the store and picking up the kids, I left the diaper on while we had dinner, and then the kids played outside for a while. When they came in, I just took her pants and diaper off again. After a while she looked like she was going to go to the other room, and I thought that she was probably going to find a private place to poop, so I told her that she had to poo in the potty. A few minutes later she had done it again!
I am so glad that she is finally moving forward with the potty training. I hope that she will be fully potty trained by her birthday in May. Once she is completely out of diapers, I will be done with them for good. I am so ready for that!

1 comments:

Kirah and Jeremy said...

I showed Kimberly her new potty tonight and she played on it forever. I took off all her clothes and just sat in the bathroom with her. She didn't go but she seems to like it so I will have to start watching for the signs!